Saturday, April 19, 2008

My IIM shillong interview experience

Hi everyone
I appeared on this 18th April for IIMS interview. My interview was scheduled in IIFT Delhi.

I reached at center about half hour earlier. In my group there were 10 people shortlisted for the interview but only two were present(including me) so we are merged with other group.

In first round there was a GD based on a case study: 5 mins to read and think. 15 mins to discuss and 5 mins to summerize.
Case: There is railway dept in some swapiland and there were a lots of complaints from customers as well as media about punctuality of trains. So MD appointed Robert to solve the problem. He gave him one year to solve. I told him if he succeeded all credits will be his if failed he is responsible.

Robert take survey and called all drivers and station master and warned them if they are not in schedule they will be fined. When it was nearly to complete the year he come to know that nothing changed as such. Drivers and SM blames bad track and old engines.
Meanwhile he was called for review meeting with MD.

What should Robert do???

Discussion was quite good. Everybody take part in discussion. I also gave three four markble entries.

Interview::
Panel- 2 profs from IIMC and 1 from IIMA.

P.1: What r u doing?
me: i'm persuing my B.tech from MNIT jaipur in metallurgical engg.

P1: So tell me something about your btech project.
Me: explained something which I had not done. Trying to show that I'm doing something ( all engineers know that I really have to do nothing in BTP)
P2: asked me to show my certis for verification

P1: Give me the equation of the curve that u draw?
Me: I draw a parabola but forget the equation ( How fool i'm)

P2: What do u think abt reservation policy?
Me : bla bla bla
P2: be specific about your point of view
Me: Should not be there
P2: What do u think abt govt policy to waveoff loans of 60000 crores of farners?
Me: should not be done... Bla bla bla

P3: Can u tell me electro refining of Aluminium ( How do he know abt this? I'm not expectinh hardcore questions from my branch)
Me: I started from Direct electrolysis
P3: No no explain me whole process from mining of Bauxite
Me: I explained something.
P3: Dont u think u forget something!!!
Me: No sir
p3: some thing that added during electrolysis and very imp!
Me: yes sir Cryolite
p3: This is wat i'm asking you! Tell its significance?
Me: It reduce the fusion point of alumina

Again on same parabolic curve
P3: If I through a stone what will be the curve of force vs distance
Me: draw a parabolic curve
P1: Write its equation?
Me: (how do i remember I studied this in 12th std.) I write Y (sqaure)= 4aX
wrong ( as it was the curve for X (square)= 4aY ( how fool i'm)

P2: ok devendra nice meeting you, you can go now.

Very faint chances to get selected

3 comments:

HEMANT said...

Goodinterview dude.
Its not that bad as U are thinking("Very faint chances to get selected").
Why the hell U are so pessimistic about everything yaar.Be positive.

Sheetal said...

hope for best...
all the best

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.