Friday, July 11, 2008

My initial days in IMT...

Life here in IMT is cool but I still have no friends as such...
I have twin sharing basis room. No one is allowed to go outside after 10pm(afterall it is Ghaziabad, UP ) but one can come any time. Hostels are good, Campus is Wifi, Girls can come to any room 24*7 (But boys can go to their rooms till 8.30pm). There is a DLP (like our GMP) remain open till 4am, Lib, comp lab are open for 24hr. (This is the stuff you can find in any damn B-school)
My first week in college was pretty hectic. I hardly slept whole week. It started officially at 5.10 am (as we had to do Yoga in morning, can you believe this! bloody nonsense!! ) and ends officially at 12.30am. In between I had breaks for breakfast(30 mins), Lunch (45 mins) and dinner(45 mins). Now comes PDP(Personality Development Program- as called by senoirs here) started at 12.30am and end nearly at 4.00am So if you are lucky you can sleep for an hour daily. I was sleeping in classes whole through the week. We had a outbound day in that week and that was the most interesting part of our orientation week. I had gone through activities like River crossing, Raffling, Few fun games etc. I'm attaching a few pics here.

At the end of week there was a culture night (culture here: work hard, party harder). There was a DJ night and it end at morning 5am as sun began to rise. Junta was dancing like anything. Whole atmosphere was very cool. After orientation week I was sleeping all through the day for 2 days. Now my timetable is pretty cool. Nothing much to do. I have classes from morning 8.30 to 1.30pm (thats it, if any extra class is not there)

After reading this post it seems life is pretty interesting in IMT but it is not.. I'm missing my classrooms in MNIT. I'm missing FRIENDS at MNIT. I'm missing late night parties , Thadi, GT , missing BMG, missing hostel 5, missing you, missing everyone who was close to me. It is pretty tough to find yourself in crowd of some very ambitious people (atleast for me it is difficult). And life here is not that easy, you have to do a lot assignments, presentations and aboveall STUDY Again.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi devendra, its just the starting..

Its going to be a great experience here at IMT. I felt almost the same when i came but now after an year , i feel the experience that you get here at IMT is simply "wonderful"...